Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit Classes
Basic Firearms Safety Class – The Code of Virginia requires that an applicant for a Virginia Concealed Handgun permit demonstrate competence with a handgun by showing proof of firearms safety training. This class is a 4 hour lecture that covers the basics of firearms safety. This class meets the state requirements to apply for your Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. The lecture style power point course is taught by me, Mark Jervis, a Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services /National Rifle Association certified instructor. You will receive a certificate upon completion of the class which you can then take to the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the jurisdiction you reside in, and apply for Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. This is a classroom lecture only (no live fire, 5 student minimum) and costs $65.00 per student. Students will shoot airsoft pistols, to assist in demonstrating competency.
- Revolver and Semi-Automatic handgun nomenclature
- Ammunition nomenclature and function
- The basic rules of firearm safety
- Safe storage options for firearms in the home
- Firearms and your children
- The causes of firearm related accidents
- Proper safe handling of the handgun malfunction, and other topic
- Students may bring a unloaded handgun to assist them in the classroom
- NO LIVE AMMUNITION PERMITTED (FIREARMS WILL BE CHECKED)
- NO LIVE FIRE QUALIFICATION COURSE (AIRSOFT ONLY)
Concealed Class Pricing:
- Single: $75
- Husband and Wife: $130
One on One Handgun Training (By Appointment Only):
- $40.00 per hour. First lesson 2 hour minimum.
- Family firearm safety/training. $20/per hour/per student. 2 hour minimum
One on One AR-15 Rifle Familiarization/Training (By Appointment Only):
- $40.00 per hour. 2 hour minimum.
- Students must provide own ammunition
- Students must posses a current VA. Concealed Carry Permit
- AR-15 can be provided
- Contact Mark Jervis for further details on instruction